The Ultimate Christmas Story | Tonight at 4:00, 5:30 & 7:00 p.m.
10 Reasons I’m Celebrating This Christmas
Christmas is supposed to be a time of joy and laughter, family and friends, time off, and too much food. It has the potential to be a time of great traditions and fond memories.
But sometimes the Christmas season can fly by in such a blur that we don’t have time to enjoy it. And sometimes it can seem to drag on forever as the stress of expectations and obligations mount.
To help me take a step back and enjoy this crazy season I decided to come up with a list of reasons that I love Christmas. Your list might look a little different, but maybe my list might encourage you as you think of your own blessings this Christmas.
1. Christmas lights and decorations make every trip around town a new adventure.
2. People are more kind and generous than usual.
3. All the pictures on Instagram. #CryingSantaPics
4. So many cupcakes and cookies!!!
5. Modern Christmas Carols (I love Repeat the Sounding Joy by Citizens!)
6. Curling up on the couch with a warm blanket and hot chocolate!
7. Reading the nativity story in Luke and trying to imagine what it was like.
8. $10 limit white elephant gift exchanges where you leave with a $15 gift card. (As opposed to the ones where you leave with oven mitts or weird-scented candles!)
9. There are so many casual opportunities to bring up Jesus to people who don’t know Him.
And most of all,
10. Remembering that God sent His Son to become one of us and bear our burden for us.